By Alammari Textiles
“Cotton Fabric” is the name that clients frequently use when they purchase any type of fabric. After some research, we found that cotton is the softest type of fabric and provides the comfort that the customer wants, especially when wearing it for a long period of time. This means that cotton is healthier when wearing it at work on a daily. Cotton is not limited to a specific gender, it includes men, women, and children of all ages. Therefore, clothing companies try to provide most models and designs with fabrics that include a high percentage of cotton.
The Most Popular Cotton Fabrics in The Arab Markets
- Bafta Fabric is one of the white fabrics, and it is used in making tablecloths.
- Lino Fabric is used in making blouses and cotton designs that are suitable for going out or staying at home, especially for women.
- Castor Fabric is one of the fabrics that were widely used in the past. It was known for its striped design that was used in making men’s and women’s pyjamas in the past.
- Velvet Fabric is used in making evening clothing like dresses and jackets.
- Lace Fabric is widely used by women, and it is available in a wide variety of styles.
Features of Cotton Fabrics
- Water Absorbent: cotton fabrics absorb water and sweat to a large extent, so it is one of the best healthy fabrics on the body, especially children's skin.
- Lightweight: Cotton is a light fabric, unlike wool, for example.
- Flexible: The wearer will not feel that it is tight or obstructing his/her movement, so it is used in making all forms of men's and women's sportswear.
- Easy to Wash and Clean: It can be easily washed the traditional way or through various washing machines.
- Easy to Dye: The colour of Cotton fabric can be easily controlled because it absorbs the dye quickly. Therefore, many factories use it to make cotton T-shirts for home, exercise, or even going out.
- Easy to Cut and Design: Cotton is easy to cut for this type of fabric because of its soft and light texture.
The Known Designs of Cotton Fabric
- Children’s Clothing: Cotton is the best fabric used for children because of its softness on the skin.
- Sportswear: Cotton is used with a small percentage of industrial fibres to design sportswear like sweaters, pants, and T-shirts.
- Women’s Home Clothing: Cotton is used in making underwear and nightwear like pyjamas. It is also used in making outdoor clothing like shirts, trousers, and jackets.
- Hijabs: Hijab is one of the most widespread clothing in the Arab world because women wear it for long periods while outside the house. They always need to wear a fabric that does not harm their skin or feel sensitive to it.
- Coats and Jackets: Coats and jackets are heavily used in winter. They are mostly made from cotton, as it provides the warmth needed.