By Alammari Textiles
Heavy Crepe Fabric: Features & Uses
Al-Ammari Textiles provides Crepe fabric in many colours and patterns at reasonable prices and in reliable and very durable materials.
There are many types of crepe fabric for designing dresses and women's clothes of all kinds. There are crepe georgette, chiffon crepe, and jacquard crepe. All of them are of high quality and durability and have many features that make them even better than many types of natural fabrics.
Features of Heavy Crepe Fabric
- It’s flexible and durable. It’s made of fibres made from silk or wool according to the type of crepe itself. Although most crepe fabric types are somewhat heavy and durable, this doesn’t negate the elasticity of the fabric and its softness on the skin.
- Whatever type of design you want to have whether it is a skirt, blouse, pants, abaya, or even an evening dress, heavy crepe fabric will do the job perfectly and will be suitable for any design you want.
- You can make many designs that last a long time without being worn or damaged due to the quality of the fabric. Heavy crepe is distinguished by its strength and durability, which makes it withstand different methods of care for clothes like washing, ironing, drying and even dyeing.
- It’s quite stretchy, which makes it suitable for all sizes. Many women when they want to buy clothes, especially evening dresses, are faced with the obstacle of finding the right size, as some fabrics are used to make dresses with specific sizes.
- Heavy crepe fabric combines two very important characteristics that make it one of the most preferred materials for hijabs, which are durability and flexibility. The fabric is easy to wrap and does not require heavy fixation or wearing a cotton veil as a lining underneath, unlike the silk veil that requires a great effort to be fixed on the head.
Uses of Heavy Crepe Fabric
- It’s used in making loose-fitting Gulf abayas.
- It’s used in making heavy blazers for daily routines and occasions.
- It’s used in making different models of veils with lace and embroideries.