By Alammari Textiles
Every year, when the date of Hajj approaches, every yearning Muslim for this visit begins to search for Ihram clothes that suit him or her and be compatible with Islamic Sharia. At the same time, help Muslims to perform the rituals of Hajj with ease and comfort.
Since Al-Ammari Textiles appreciates the importance of these rituals and realizes that the Hajj for every Muslim is an important goal, we work to provide the best fabrics that can be used in making comfortable Ihram clothes.
Wearing Ihram and its Importance in Hajj
As soon as the pilgrims or Umrah performers reach the Miqat, their Hajj or Umrah rituals begin. at this time, they must have put on their Ihram clothing. Ihram clothes can be worn at the time of performing the rituals or at home and before starting the journey.
Ihram Clothing Rules
- The clothes must be made of completely regular cloth and not from expensive fabrics so that the poor do not feel that the wealthy are distinguished from them when performing the rituals of Hajj and Umrah.
- Men should be aware that their Ihram clothing must be of white colour. Therefore, they cannot wear Ihram clothes of any other colour, whatever the circumstances and reasons.
- Ihram clothing is made of cotton, linen, or any similar fabric, provided that it is completely far from fabrics such as silk, satin, etc.
- The same goes for women wearing ordinary, not expensive clothes. However, they can wear clothes in a colour other than white provided that it is loose and not see-through.
How to Wear Ihram
- Not to trim your nails during the Hajj or Umrah.
- Keep the beards and cut the moustaches short.
- Shave your armpits and pubic area.
- When the pilgrims go down to the Miqat, it is desirable to wash there and wear perfume if the matter permits.
- After washing, the pilgrim wears the Ihram clothes. For a woman, she has to wear a jilbab or a modest dress, as we mentioned, of a regular fabric.
- It is preferable not to wear bright, striking colours.
- She should not wear a perfume or make-up.
- For women who wear niqab, one of the conditions of Ihram is for a woman to take off the burqa or niqab, as well as gloves, and wear the veil that has been pulled off her head and face.
- For men, they wear Ihram garment consisting of a white robe and a white apron as well. The pilgrim wraps the apron on his waist to cover the area from his bellybutton to below his knees. The robe is placed on his shoulder, so that its two ends are on his chest from the front. When the pilgrim embarks on Tawaf (circumambulation), he covers his left shoulder with the robe and exposes his right shoulder.
Al-Ammari Textiles provides plain white cotton fabrics made of pure cotton at reasonable prices for everyone, starting from 65 Saudi Riyals per metre.