By Alammari Textiles
How to Easily Make a Cloth Facemask
The facemask is one of the most important precautionary measures that contribute greatly to preventing the spread of the Corona virus among people in different countries of the world, as the World Health Organization stressed the need to wear it when leaving the house to prevent the spread of the virus.
How to Make a Cloth Facemask at Home
A single facemask can be designed in record time with simple materials at a low cost, as it takes one minute to make a single facemask from fabric. To make a cloth facemask, it requires a piece of soft cotton cloth measuring 20 x 20 cm, coffee filter, and rubber threads.
- Start by folding the piece of cloth into two equal halves.
- Use the coffee filter by folding it into two haves and placing it in the middle of the piece of cloth.
- Fold the lower part of the piece of cloth upwards, then fold the upper part downwards.
- Use the rubber threads by placing them at each end of the piece of cloth; preferably 6 inches apart.
- Fold the two ends of the piece of cloth toward the middle and fix them together.
Get a Facemask using a Sewing Machine
- Bring two pieces of soft cotton cloth, kitchen paper, rubber, scissors, and threads of the colour of the cloth.
- Use the scissors to cut the fabric into a 25 x 15 cm rectangle.
- Put each piece lengthwise over the other, fold the top of the fabric 0.6 cm apart and use a sewing machine to sew it.
- Fold the lower part upwards 2.5 cm to the inside from the sides at both ends of the fabric to make a filter pocket.
- Fold the short sides of the fabric inward by 1 cm and use a sewing machine to fix them.
- Sew the elastic band from both ends of the fabric to the right side and repeat the same on the other side.
- Put kitchen paper in the pocket to work as a filter.
Why Choose Al-Ammari Textiles to Buy Cotton Cloth?
- Al-Ammari Textiles provides 100% cotton fabrics that can be used in the manufacture of masks.
- The cotton fabric of Al-Ammari has a high ability to absorb sweat resulting from high temperatures.
- The cotton fabrics of Al-Ammari are durable and stay in its original condition for the longest possible period.
- The cotton fabrics of Al-Ammari have a high ability to withstand high temperatures during washing, which makes them best suited for making masks to facilitate sterilization again.