By Alammari Textiles
Linen is considered one of the most beautiful and practical fabrics that is suitable for different styles of your daily look. It is a mixture between beauty, elegance, and class. At the same time, it goes so well with the practical, casual look.
Linen fabric is available in a wide variety of elegant colours, which makes it is easy to wear with all types of modern clothes. Linen fabric is lightweight and streamlined, which makes it suitable for different seasons without feeling hot.
Important Advice before Choosing a Fabric
- The dress should fit the body shape, and that is by choosing the appropriate style that helps you highlight your beauty.
- When a woman chooses a specific dress, she is interested in choosing the right colour for her skin. Therefore, a large group of women prefer to choose dresses made of Linen fabric because it derives its colours from nature. Linen colours come from earthy colours, starting from light brown.
The Best Linen Fabric Colours
- White Linen Fabric is a practical colour that you can wear it to work, go out with your girlfriends, or even welcome your guests at home.
- Brown Linen Fabric is considered one of the ideal colours that provides an attractive look that expresses your personality and tenderness.
- Pink Linen Fabric combines the tenderness of women and their interest in a classic look. You can use it with somewhat dark colours to appear in a charming look.
- Grey Linen Fabric has spread greatly during the recent period. It is widely used in the designs of the Gulf abayas, where the designers were able to combine it with different colours that highlight the beauty of women, their spontaneity, and their charm.
- Sky Blue Linen Fabric is linked to angels as it adds a glamorous look to women. It is used in different styles whether it casual or classic clothes, or even Gulf and Arab abayas.
- Printed Linen Fabric comes in a wide variety of colours and styles. It has added a new look to the modern woman’s clothes as it gave the chance for designers to come up with new styles. The most famous colours used in these styles are white, black, pink, sky blue, green, and purple.
How to Keep your Linen Clothes Clean
- Use Appropriate Methods of Washing: Linen is one of the fabrics that can be easily washed. In addition, its fibres increase in durability when wetted. This is one of the most important advantages of linen, as it preserves its properties with repeated washing. However, bleaching materials should not be used, as they damage the colour of linen and its fibres. Linen should be washed in warm water, the temperature of which does not exceed 40 degrees Celsius, and the instructions for washing on each piece of closing must be reviewed.
- Dry Linen Clothes in a Correct Way: People dry their Linen clothes by light spinning, straighten the clothes until they regain their shape, then they are hung to dry. This method helps in the ironing process. Electric drying devices should not be used as they may cause shrinkage. Linen is one of fabrics that dries quickly.
- Properly Iron Linen Clothes: You should use a steam iron when ironing, as the secret behind a well-ironed linen fabric is to moisturize it first. If you are concerned about the intertwining of the fibres of the cloth or gaining lustre by ironing, it is preferable to place a thin piece of cloth over the dress during ironing. We also recommend ironing clothes from the back side first until you get rid of small wrinkles, then repeat the ironing process from the front until the clothes are ready to wear.
- Storing Linen Dresses: You must take into account that the dresses are in a dry and cool place. You must also take into account good ventilation, so that mold does not grow on the fabric. We advise not to store these dresses in closed plastic or cellophane bags for long periods of time to avoid dust accumulation.
Elegant Linen Abayas
- A dark-blue linen abaya with slim sleeves and beige buttons. You can wear it with beige veil and high heels.
- A black linen abaya that features a butterfly design. It has a brown waistbelt shaped as a braid. You can wear this design with an off-white veil and high heels.
- A beige linen baya that features an open design with random threads in yellow. You can wear it with an off-white dress or a blouse and a skirt in the same colour.