By Alammari Textiles
Polyester Fabric: Features & Uses
Polyester is one of the best quality fabrics because it is durable. This type of cloth is made from synthetic fibres, and it is possible that more than one type of yarn may be included in a single product. This means that cotton threads can be used with polyester to produce a certain type of fabrics.
Polyester is distinguished by its reasonable prices, as it is affordable compared to other fabrics in the Arab markets. It is used in the design of many products and available in all colours, which makes it suitable for men and women of all ages.
However, polyester is not suitable in high temperatures. You may feel the heat of the polyester fabric when wearing it under intense sunlight in some countries, especially in the summer. Therefore, it is preferable not to be exposed to the hot sun after wearing it.
The Multi uses of Polyester Fabric
- Sportswear, which includes jerseys, sports jackets, socks, gloves, and sweatpants.
- Outdoor wear, which includes men's and women's designs such as trousers, blouses, skirts, various jackets, and others.
- Children's clothes and bags, especially for new-borns, as polyester fabric is highly durable.
- Some factories use polyester fabric to make shoes, sneakers, and bags for outdoor use.
- It is used in making veils of different styles and colours.
- It is used in making Gulf abayas, as they are made from cotton mixed with polyester.
- Polyester is used in designing the best models of curtains used in bedrooms or living rooms and living rooms. It is also used in appliques for curtains, which gives a luxurious and distinctive look to rooms.
- Polyester is also used to design tablecloths and sofa furnishings.
- It is used to fix antiques on tables.