By Alammari Textiles
Viscose is one of the soft and comfortable fabrics that is preferred by many women in different countries of the world. The use of viscose was not a modern habit because it has been used for many years in the Arab world. With time, however, its use has changed and varied. In the past, Viscose was limited to home clothes only, unlike what is being done now, as it is widely used in making different designs for outdoor clothes.
Viscose is considered one of the distinctive and cheerful summer fabrics because of its softness and lightness. Viscose has a special lustre and beauty that distinguishes it from various other fabrics such as satin, silk, linen, and polyester. The reason that it is not suitable for winter is its lightness, so the body will not be able to obtain the amount of heat and warmth required. Therefore, designs made of Viscose are worn in the summer.
Features of Viscose Fabric
- Diverse: Viscose is characterized by its diversity because it is available in a wide variety of bright and dark colours, plain, printed, and embroidered models.
- Multiple Designs: Viscose comes in a dozen different styles because it is easy to control and cut according to the look you want.
- Soft and Streamlined: Viscose has a high percentage of cotton and a low percentage of polyester, so it is soft on the skin.
- Lightweight: Viscose is a light fabric, unlike wool for example.
- Flexible: The wearer will not feel that it is tight or obstructing his/her movement, so it is used in making all forms of men's and women's clothing.
- Easy to Wash and Clean: It can be easily washed the traditional way or through various washing machines.
- Easy to Cut and Design: Viscose Cotton is easy to cut for this type of fabric because of its soft and light texture.
- Yellow Viscose Fabric is cheerful, bright, and has a special elegance to it. It is used in making women's abayas, trousers, and various blouses.
- Red Viscose Fabric is one of the favourite colours of many women. It is widely used as it gives an attractive feminine look. It is used in making different styles of clothing for women and children, whether for staying in or going out.
- Black Viscose Fabric is the most popular colour, as it adds a wonderful and attractive feminine touch. It is also a very practical colour, so it can be worn for work.
- Printed Viscose Fabric is one of the most widely used designs of this fabric because of its modern look that suits all kinds of outings.
How to Take Care of Turkish Viscose Fabric
- Viscose is one of the delicate fabrics that require special treatment when washing, the most important of which is washing the fabric by hand and avoiding the use of the washing machine. Pay attention to the type of detergent used in washing, and it’s preferable to wash with warm water.
- You can use dry cleaning to wash the viscose to preserve the fabric and keep it in its original condition for a long time.
- Be sure to gently wash it by hand to avoid changing its original shape.
- Use the drying rack to place viscose clothes to prevent them from changing their shape after washing, and viscose textiles can be fixed using a hanger or clothespin.
- Be careful when using the dryer to dry the viscose fabric, as it’ll damage the fabric.
- It’s preferable to use a low temperature to iron the viscose.
- Avoid stretching viscose clothing.
- It’s preferable to iron viscose clothes on the back side to avoid problems like cloth burns.
- Avoid ironing viscose with steam, as the steam will damage the fabric.
- If you want to get an ideal result from ironing viscose fabric, place a piece of soft cotton cloth on the viscose fabric before ironing to avoid direct contact.
- You can use a special spray for straightening clothes when ironing, and it’s called an anti-wrinkle spray.