By Alammari Textiles
Joubert is the most used fabrics in the Arab world to make soiree dresses. It is known in Europe that satin and silk are the most used types of fabrics, as foreigners rely heavily on plain fabrics in their dresses. Arab women, however, are accustomed to a large percentage of embroidery and accessories.
There are two types of Joubert fabric: the plain model that is available in the market in multiple colours, and the embroidered model with different designs. The second model has many uses, but all of them are usually for occasions, as it does not go well like the plain model with casual clothing.
Features of Joubert Fabric
- Simplicity: Despite the wonderful and distinctive look of the Joubert Fabric, it is quite simple. Therefore, it is one of the fabrics that highlight the beauty and glamor of women, unlike other types of fabrics that appear bright and striking like satin.
- Wide Variety of Colours: There are many different colours of Joubert that suit all tastes, in addition to the availability of different shades of each colour. Therefore, it can be used in making many designs suitable for all ages.
- Many designs and Embroidery: There are many different inscriptions on Joubert. Some of which are large for designs such as dresses, and some are small for scarves.
- Softness: Joubert fabric is considered one of the fabrics that is very soft on the body, and it can be worn directly on the body.
Joubert Fabric Uses
- Soiree Dresses: Some fabrics used for designing dresses are sold as hollowed Tulle with Joubert fixed on it to give us the known shape for making dresses.
- Wedding Dresses: There is the distinctive white colour of Joubert that is used in making well-known designs for wedding dresses and can be easily embroidered.
- Wedding Veils: It is customary in the Arab world to wear veils fixed to the hair or on the hijab. Joubert is hollowed and fixed on plain Tulle, then embroidered. Brides use it with different lengths depending on the size of the veil.
- Blouses: Joubert is used in the design of women's blouses for night events.
- Indian Sari: The Indian sari is one of the most popular types of designs that are currently used in many women's occasions, as it is a wonderful traditional costume that highlights the femininity and beauty of women.